Friday, September 11, 2009

I'm Back

I really haven't posted in a long time because I've been writing a good deal for playerpress.com but I wanted to come back here too so I'll post on both. I miss the ignorant comment battles. Before I start talking about what I want the Mets to do in the offseason I want to say that I knew Pedro would be pitching well and it hurts to see him on the Phills. Anyway moving to the offseason:

  • Resign Delgado to a one year incentive based deal.
  • Turn Murphy into a super-sub. He is not the 1b of the future, Ike Davis is.
  • Sign Holliday to a 4 or 5 year deal. He is good on defense as well as offense.
  • DO NOT TRADE Beltran, Reyes, or Wright.
  • Trade Francouer and a minor leaguer for Aaron Harang.
  • Pick up Putz option.
  • Put Parnell back in the bullpen
  • Bring back Tatis back on a one year deal.
  • Replace Sheffield with Nick Evans.
  • Sign Chad Cordero, Jorge Julio, andMark Prior to minor league deals.
  • Sign either Bedard or Sheets to a minor league deal if they would accept it. If not a one year incentive based deal.
  • Try to trade for Chris Iannetta or Chris Snyder but if either are too expensive bring back Schnider on a minor league deal and stick with a Thole/Santos platoon in the majors.
  • Bring back Xavier Nady to play RF on a one or two year deal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pick up putz option?!?! So you want to pay 9 mill for a setup man? Let alone you have no idea what you are getting. This is crazy!!!!

The Red King said...

yea im going to revise this I also would change a few other things. I forgot Putz option was so much. I would try to resign him at a better cost