Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Perez

Oliver Perez was first demoted to the bullpen but now he is being put on the 15 day DL with patella tendinitis. Hopefully, he can return from the injury strong and hopefully live up the potential he has flashed at times in his career. The Mets will call up Jon Niese to start Friday. He is not pitching well at AAA but I can't say I dislike the move. It will be good to get him some more innings versus MLB clubs but in no way do I think he is ready to be on the MLB club full time. He still needs time to develop in AAA. I probably would have called up Figueroa but I can't say this is necesarily a bad move.

Update: I actually was not thinking when I originally wrote this article. Calling up Niese is a good move because he doesn't have to be put through waivers to go back tot he minors unlike Figgy.

No comments: